Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Schedule

I am trying to balance the civic competition, the election, and the class material covered. I am not going to give you a big speech about the importance of the election, but elections are the most important part of American Government. They are the essence of popular sovereignty. The Constitution competition will help your performance with the AP exam. But I will get back to the schedule and try to get the class back on track. So here is a modified syllabus of upcoming classes, tests, and essays.

Thursday September 11- Constitution (Chapter 2 up to page 51)
HW READ 51-55 and write a brief summary of the Madison model of government? How is it reflected in the structure of American Government? What issues or problems does it raise?
Worth 20 points use thesis statement and don't spend more than 20 minutes (AP Guideline)

Friday September 12 Constitution (Federalist vs. Anti-Federalist) Ratification and Amendments -REB speaker 15 minutes

Essay: Formal vs. Informal Amendment essays

Monday, September 15 The impact of the constitution on Policy making and review
HW: Study Chapter 2 for Quiz

Tuesday, September 16 Chapter 2 Quiz
Constitution Scavenger Hunt

Wednesday, September 17 Competition research and blog check- Claire Pelley DEM Speaker

Thursday, September 18 Power Point vocab review - first two chapters.

The next week will cover Federalism which is Chapter 3

8 comments:

Cressida said...

Wut... I thought our vocab was due on Friday?

Anonymous said...

Much appreciated!

anita.e said...

hey mr coit.
i've been really sick so i'm not sure when i'll be at school next, so can you tell me what group i'm in for we the people?
oh and here is my link for my blog
http://annaanita.blogspot.com/

Tim Coit said...

Tessa,
The vocab. is due on Friday- but I have to compile all these words and make a super powerpoint. Would you like to help put that together?

Anita, You are with TESSA and her Cohorts- Unit One. Chapter 2 review tomorrow.

duse said...

Thanks!

Blunderer said...

I am Jess, and you never told me about vocab by the way..

Anonymous said...

Mr. Coit, I thought I'd be able to find your email on parentbridge, but no luck. If you don't get this tonight (Thurs) then I'll just get it to you tomorrow from my data stick.

Just Kate. said...

Hey, it's Kate.
So I'm kinda freaking out because I have no idea what vocab you're talking about and when I went to do my powerpoints tonight (yes last minute, my fault, i know) I discovered I didn't have the sheet to do them! So can I just get that from you tomorrow morning and then, I don't know, not attend my first hour to go do them? Sorry!