Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The AP Text

I understand that the AP Govt. book is a little bit confusing. I agree. If you are struggling with a concept or unit- I have old text that seem sufficient. Don't be afraid to ask.

I like the seminar method of teaching. This means that I am going to question you. You need to be prepared - read the assigned readings- and give clear answers. Any suggestions to help you learn the material would be appreciative. Unit assignment and blogging tomorrow. We will be in the 127 lab.

Coit

5 comments:

duse said...

Mr. Coit -
What are we supposed to be using our own blogs for?

Kate

Cressida said...

to rant and whine and preach at each other.

Obviously.

Tim Coit said...

Kate,

I will explain the blogs tomorrow. Enjoy the excitement of the election season and let your blog reflect it.

Coit

Banzaiburger said...

This is Zack S. just letting you know i have signed up. yay.

Anonymous said...

While I think this "Constitution Competition" is a good idea, it seems to be complicating the class quite a bit. It seems that we have a lot to cover for the AP test (which is, essentially, what this class is about) and this Constitution thing will just get in the way. It would be very helpful to cover the text in class more frequently. Also, I am not the biggest fan of the seminar method. It results in us arguing over answers which, without instruction, could just as likely be incorrect.