Thursday, September 11, 2008

It is like a pot luck dinner

OK, you know those stupid pot luck dinners that you had to go to when you were a little kid. I was always terrified about eating some mean mom's tuna casserole. But every parent had to contribute and yes my family was the last minute KFC types. The point is that everyone contributed a little. That is the objective of the PPT-vocab review. This is for you!! This is very middle school and it is time consuming for me. All of the vocabs needs to be learned and you should try to contribute. So I know it is homecoming week, so if you are not done- I am going to review these on WED. September 17. These need to be done by September 15. Kudos to TESSA, Hillary, Zane, and Marie. These students are done! Great food kids. Please help feed the knowledge to the FMHS children.

No we are not going to the lab on that WED because I want to get back on track with the Constitution/Federalism unit. The "AP" faction is winning. I spoke with Dr. Patti Clark, the librarian, and we are going to meet for the "We the People" Competition on the next three Fridays (excluding tomorrow). This will prevent "speed bumps" in your learning. Team leaders need to figure out one day during the week that we can have a working lunch.

BTW, Obama is going to be in Grand Junction on Monday. I think, whether you like him or not, we should try to figure out a way to see the event. I talked to the principal and hopefully we can make it work....i.e. go.

Finally, the blogs are intended to be educational and historical. Wouldn't it be cool to show your future grandchild how you viewed the world in 2008! However, if you are having trouble blogging five times a week, I will lessen the requirement to three times per week until Oct. 15.

And good job, Dusenberry on the ACT- I could get that score if it were golf.

9 comments:

Hillary said...

Oh my gosh I found out about Obama. and I am totally going. I was just saying at the debate that that is all I want to do: meet Obama. and now is my chance. EEK! I am so excited!

megan said...

Today while I was volunteering we had 50+ people calling us asking if we knew anything about Obama coming. I guess everyone is in the dark because no one there knew anything about it.

duse said...

for the lunch meeting, i'm available on tuesdays and fridays.

Hillary said...

oh yeah, I am available tuesdays and fridays too

Cressida said...

Oh man, I was just planning to ditch school and not breathe a word. You burst my Cool Secrecy Bubble, Coit!

it's okay. I don't care either way, as long as I go.

OBAMMMAAAAAA '08!!!!

we should ditch the Reps. in our class tho. Or duct tape their mouths. ;)

j/k. mostly.

-Tessa

Anonymous said...

"Firstly" is most definitely a word, Mr. Coit.



Usage Note: It is well established that either first or firstly can be used to begin an enumeration: Our objectives are, first (or firstly), to recover from last year's slump. Any succeeding items should be introduced by words parallel to the form that is chosen, as in first . . . second . . . third or firstly . . . secondly . . . thirdly.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/firstly

Anonymous said...

I have Mesa on Tuesdays and president of Interact Club on Fridays. So I may just have to catch up with everyone after school so as not to throw off everyone's schedule.

Cressida said...

I REALLY HOPE YOU GET THIS, COIT.

THE EVENT IS TICKET-ONLY.

TICKETS ARE ON SALE TOMORROW.

IDK IF YOU'VE WORKED SOMETHING OUT WHERE WE GET IN FREE BUT.... I'M GETTING A TICKET TO BE SAFE

love love, Tessa

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.