Monday, January 26, 2009

A little bit of effort

I'm noticing a drop in test scores and work habits.  I think it has been difficult to mesh 2nd period and 3rd period.  Both classes had distinct personalities and attributes.  But the bottom line is I'd like to try to maximize learning coupled with enjoyable activities.   Now the next unit will be President/Executive Branch.  I know some students like the fishbowl and debating, while some kids prefer lecture.  I don't care, however, everyone could do a little better job reading the text.   I also would like to go watch the Nixon movie in the next two weeks.   It is showing at the new theater north of the mall.  

3 comments:

Cressida said...

I resent the topic of this post. I actually studied for this test -- some of the smaller details just didn't stick I guess. I aced the pretest in the back of our textbook though.

megan said...

Mr. Coit I did a Mock Congress essay,I turned it in on time please fix my grade.

"Paprika" said...

I'm blogging more than you are, Mr. Coit. What kind of an example does that set?

January is sooooo last month.